I carpool to nursing school, usually with 3 other women. We will call them A, B, and C. They are all equally wonderful however they are each struggling in their own way in nursing school and there is nothing I can do to help them. "A" is a caring wonderful mother who is having a hard time balancing working, personal life, some big changes in her family and nursing school all at the same time. "B" is a 40 something woman with a bf that lives an hour away, she lives with her mother (sine her own divorce) and works across the street from where she lives. She is having a hard time studying after work when she has to *gasp* wake up at 4AM the next day. "C' is as equally kind and intelligent as A and B however she is just having bad luck with tests we have to take. There is a deadline of next Tuesday or so to see if she can overcome her problem. Remember my blog post about the math test you must get a 100% on to stay in the program? There are 5 tries at the test, this will be her 5th try on Tuesday.
So with all that said, you need to have a 73% exam average (after 2 exams) to attend clinicals this weekend. We have a clinical group of 10 however only 6 of us will be attending this weekend. I am the only one from my carpool group.
This is how rigorous and difficult nursing school can be. Part of me feels guilty that I'm marching along without any problems and my 3 friends are now being left behind this weekend. The clinical hours can be made up months from now but they will probably have to make up the hours over Xmas break.
Last night our lecture was about medication routes, IM injections and needles in general. Due to an unforeseen circumstance my 3 friends (who I rode with to class) leave halfway through class during a break. Everyone in class was in shock and awe that they would actually leave during one of the potentially most important discussions/lectures of the semester.
They drove home and I was able to catch a ride with someone else that lives in my town that commutes the 105 miles or so to school. Looks like her and I will be new carpool buddies now.
The next time class meets for lecture will be Tuesday, I am hoping I am not the last one standing out of my little group of kinship but it seems to lean that way as each day goes by.
Here's to good luck for me in nursing school, I know I can do it and be the last one standing if need be.
No comments:
Post a Comment