Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Got Ahead a Little

Yesterday afternoon I saw on-line that the school had opened the lab for the afternoon. You had the opportunity to get checked off some skills. I decided to jump on it.

Fortunately my carpool group was able to go at the same time I was to get to open lab. I wore my scrubs (you need them on to get checked off in lab) so I could attempt to get checked off of something.

We drive the 105 miles to school and get there in plenty of time to practice vital signs before a few of us in scrubs were going to get checked off.

 I was the first in my class to get checked off. Hit my vitals right on with the instructor, even the BP. Exactly the same she got. I was so proud of myself, I hadn't taken vitals in over 3 years since I was an EMT. I guess it's like riding a bike, you never really forget. Everyone else in class has to sign off on Thursday night but I'm ahead of the game a little ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment