Monday, September 5, 2011

Calculations Test

Another thought that is stuck on my mind. Math test. I had no idea we had 6 weeks to get a 100% on a dosing calculations math test. We are given 5 chances for the 100%. I've taken the test once and scored a 90%, missed 3 questions. The first question was something to do with ii. Forgot ii meant 2 grains, not one like I had thought. Blew that question. Other 2 questions were about infusion rates and my dumb ass forgot about amount x drip factor/ time in hours or minutes. How could I forget that? I suppose it's because it's been a year since I've had the drug calculation class and have done zero calculations problems since then.
I am retaking this test on Thursday and I am studying the drip factor problems this time around along with what ii and ss and such mean. Sigh. This is another way they weed you out of your first year. You don't get a 100% you get kicked eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment