Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm new to this blogging thing so I'm not sure how often is too often to update, honestly I'm not too worried about it. I will write when I can and hopefully someone stumbling over this or someone who reads it over time will learn what it's like to balance home life, family life and nursing school life.

I drive over 100 miles each way to attend nursing school. I live in Colorado but not in any remote area. Some people in my class drive over 2 hours to get to school from much smaller towns than where I live in Colorado Springs. I drive from the Springs to La Junta 2 days during the week and every other weekend for clinicals or labs. I carpool with some other girls that live near me, they make the car ride entertaining.

Some people told me I was crazy going to school so far away when there were several other nursing schools nearby. Thing is, where I go to school is non-traditional, evening and weekends. It fits my schedule and I honestly learn better at night than I do during the day (not sure why). This school has a 98% pass rate for the NCLEX, another reason I chose this school. But if the class sizes dwindle from 40 to 16 students I often wonder if this is normal for a first year nursing class?

Now onto study assessments and charting to be ahead for this week's lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment