I am the last one standing. Almost halfway through the semester and I am the only one left out of our original 4 woman carpool group. Earlier this week we lost one, then last night after a horrendous test we lost the other 2. So here I am awestruck that I am the last one.
Is nursing school really this difficult? Do people drop out like flies?
I can now see how a class of 44 whittles down to 14 although we are still hanging tough with over 30. Nursing school is intense, stressful, time consuming and I am dearly hoping worth it. So much to read, study, practice tests and more reading. Memorizing won't help you, understanding strange concepts will though.
I do have another person to carpool with but she was not part of our little posse of 4. She is amazingly smart, funny and patient. A fellow mother I can relate to and share hotel rooms with while we spend our every other weekend in La Junta.
My new found friend said she wanted to hitch onto my wagon because I'm doing so well in school. I think I need to tell her we're equals at this point; I'm doing as well as she.
Here is to a new beginning in nursing school, keeping my cool despite my closest supporters are now gone. Time to get serious.


I got to a great private nursing school. We started with 105. Last I heard there are 59. It's been so hard and I miss my kids and my husband but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
ReplyDelete