The dreaded wait and see approach works for some but for me I'm too impatient to make it work. What you may not know though is I need to do the wait and see approach, for today I applied to school for my masters.
It's amazing how many schools will beg you to attend their school and fork over $54,683 for a masters of science in Nursing. They will call you, e-mail, e-mail again in-case somehow between the Starbucks and Group-On e-mails you didn't see this school e-mail you every day for the last 11. Then when you do e-mail back and make it perfectly clear that you are actively working as an RN and to please not call before 1400 MST, they insist on calling you at 0654 and 0847 MST. FML. Why do people not listen, nurses NEED SLEEP or we make mistakes, or almost nod off at work, especially on night shifts. I just recently read that being awake for 17 hours straight has the same effect on your brain as drinking 2 glasses of wine. Well damn, I'm going to stay up for 34 hours straight and see if I have a hangover.
So back to the task at hand, these e-mails and crazy voice mails from people begging me to attend their school and fork over more than a years salary for the average American to get special letters after my name, has made me succumb to one of those e-mails. It turned into a few e-mails, then phone calls, then a bio on Free-cupid.com, and my blood type.
That's right, I did apply to a masters program in nursing, it's an RN to MSN bridge where I'll take a pit stop and get some fancy letters of BSN after my name along the way. If I keep going, I'll get MSN and FNP after my name too, well that's what my map says. My plan. My formula for success. Wait just kidding, I don't know of any formula other than hard work, dedication, sacrifice, and determination. All things that Walt Whitman never said and I'm sure is misquoted as doing so hundreds of times a day on Facebook and Twitter. Don't get me started on the misguided quotes.
I'm in the wait and see approach because within a matter of a few hours and the undying love and help of my husband, I was able to get all of the documents and forms signed, scanned, faxed and e-mailed needed to apply. After our hard work, I got a delightful e-mail from the admissions counselor telling me that no student has ever gotten all of the items needed to apply to the school in the matter of hours, it usually takes weeks. Well, maybe I'm a little more motivated than some and she noted this too.
So wish me luck, wish me sanity, wish me sleep, wish me patience, and wish me an extra wish to send a wish your way!
No comments:
Post a Comment